Senior UI Designer | Sydney-NSW
|Category:||Creative Services - Digital Interactive Designer|
|Position Type:||Full Time Permanent|
|Business Unit:||Resolution Media|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Jan-2021|
An exciting opportunity as a Senior UI Designer to work for Australia's leading full-Service Digital Agency, leading and serving their Google Marketing Platforms entity.
** Google's Performance Agency of the Year 2018 & 2019, Microsoft's APAC Agency of the Year 2019, & B&T's Best Programmatic Trading Team**
We are Resolution Digital, part of Omnicom Media Group (OMG).
We are a Full-Service Digital Agency and our mission is to drive Remarkable Results for our clients. We are the platform junkies, the investigative analysts, the creative collaborators. Our experience spans over a decade in the digital marketing industry, producing Remarkable results for Results-Driven brands, who want an easy, uncomplicated one-stop shop agency experience.
To be Remarkable is to be "Worth talking about. Worth noticing. Exceptional. New. Interesting".
What we are looking for
Our Digital Design and Development team has been smashing goals in 2020 and we are rolling into 2021 with a solid pipeline of existing clients and new client prospects. With the increasing demand to deliver bespoke digital experience solutions and platforms for our clients, we are looking to grow our UX & UI team. If you are passionate about creating user-centric and user-friendly website and software experiences and if you are looking to be part of a driven and supportive team – then we are looking for you!
About the role
As Senior UI Designer, you are not afraid to be a leader in the team and take that responsibility to heart and provide support and mentorship to your fellow Designers.
Your innovation and creative skills mean you are responsible for the end-to-end delivery of Resolution Digital projects while ensuring quality, innovation and objective problem solving are always in focus.
This role requires you to be an interface expert while sound understanding of UX, CRO, SEO and data analysis will ensure you and the project team are working towards an aligned vision and product outcome.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be working very closely with the UX/UI team, Digital Project Managers, Digital Strategists, Technical Leads, Developers, Copywriters, SEO and CRO and other specialists
We love a good workshop and believe that the best ideas result from bringing our best collective thinking and expertise.
Clients we service include: Bingo Industries, H&R Block, Facebook, PepsiCo, Maurice Blackburn Lawyers and more.
Not just anyone can fill this role. We want someone who can take it and make it their own. To do this, we want to see you:
- Manage design libraries and design systems in adherence with our client's branding requirements
- Lead the concept, design and delivery of effective user interfaces that address product, user, and business needs
- Identify complex user interaction problems and develop and innovate out-of-the-box solutions, design UI components, templates, systems and style guides
- Elevate a “static” design concept and bring it to life by leading the design of interactions, transitions, and animations
- Confidently make design decisions that stay within time and budget restraints
- Effectively communicate and present your concepts and designs to a wide range of key stakeholders, to defend design decisions and to consult on recommended and/or alternative solutions
- Lead design-sprints and workshop with internal and external teams.
- Create clickable mock-ups and prototypes for internal and external testing
- Work with Project Managers and technical teams to understand functional and technical constraints and to design solutions within these limitations
- Collaborate with our on- and offshore development team, provide functional annotations and explanations of designs to our development team
- Assist with conducting and analysing user research and usability testing to translate findings into wireframes and prototypes
- Support the QA/UAT team to make sure the build is as intended
- Work with SEO, Analytics, CRO and other specialist teams to assess the impact of UI design and usability changes
- Conduct industry research and stay up to date on best practices and emerging technologies
- Providing training and support to mid-level and/or junior designers or other team members
- Help lead the expansion of our UX/UI team, processes and methodologies
Skills & experience
- Ability to lead and direct design thinking for a wide range of products and client industries
- Expert knowledge of UI design principles and techniques, responsive design, mobile UI, grid systems
- A sound understanding of user experience principles is required
- Ability to take projects from start to finish seamlessly: From creative ideation through to concept to handover of developer ready interface design
- Ability to elevate products and platforms further by assisting the project team with the respective product roadmaps and releases
- Pproven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Proven experience working inside a Digital Agency with large enterprise clients
- A relevant university degree / BSc in Design, Computer Science, or relevant field
- Expert knowledge of Adobe CS, particularly Adobe XD (if you are an expert at Sketch, the move to XD will be no trouble!)
- Experience with platforms like Kentico, Sitecore, WordPress, CraftCMS, and/or EPI Server is a plus
- Familiarity with After Effects
- Sound understanding of wireframing/prototyping tools (e.g. Adobe XD, InVision, Figma)
- Experience designing guided by front-end UI Kits and libraries
- Confidence to present to stakeholders and clients
- Ability to work within a team environment providing creative direction
- Ability to collaborate efficiently with a variety of internal roles
- A real passion for creativity, interfaces, design and digital with a problem-solving aptitude
- The desire to take our UI strategy to the next level; help lead the improvement and implementation of our design thinking culture
- Desire to manage and/or mentor junior UI designers, providing training and support.
- Strong focus on user-centred design
- Analytical thinking and comfortable in leaning on data
- Grit, motivation and determination and passion to succeed and grow
- Strong attention to detail
- Reliability to see through a creative vision to its delivery
- A pro-active and driven approach to collaboration and problem-solving – a can-do attitude and a growth mindset
What we can offer you is:
- You'll work with Google's Performance Agency of the Year 2018 & 2019, Microsoft's APAC Agency of the Year 2019, & B&T's Best Programmatic Trading Team.
- Opportunity to be mentored & inspired by the Best in the Market
- Access & certification to the latest industry technology, tools & platforms so that you can be innovative, efficient & creative
- Opportunity to Work with Top Tier Clients
- Autonomy & Flexibility to Shape your day
- Our Social Committee is dedicated to creating fun events throughout the year such as Monthly Coffee Carts, BBQ in the park, Birthday celebrations, Melbourne Cup, End of Year Party
- Summer Half Days - to relax & enjoy the sunshine
- Have Breakfast on us!
- Our Spirit Committee is focused on making you feel your best with support from our EAP - CARE as well hosting activities such as Pilates, yoga, goal setting sessions so that you can feel 100%.
Does this sound like a you? Bring your passion and drive to Australian Business Awards Employer of Choice (6 years in a row). We want you to thrive with us. Get in touch today. We can't wait to meet you.
Interested? Have any questions? Apply or get in touch with email@example.com for more details